| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (SammyC60, TUTS 59, 52Carl, Mike Roache, TooMany2count, Hawkman, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible),
101
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,518 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 | I am trying to locate the "U" channel rubber weather strip material used to secure the glass on the front windshields, and door glass to the metal frames. It's "U" shaped, with an edge on the ends of the U. I have search the typical Jim carters, Steel rubber etc. Any help is appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | American Classic, Jim Carters, etc have both items. I just purchased the $54 windshield rubber from Steele because the cheap universal one I got from ACT wasn't very good. If you are referring to the material that holds the glass in the windshield frame it is sold by the foot and is called glass setting tape I believe is what I had ordered and it worked well. I had purchased the window channel as well for the doors from American Classic Trucks when I rebuilt my doors. You will have to trim the channel to size when you do it. here is the glass setting tape and the window channels..just look on the page for it: ACT glass setting tape and channels.
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 308 | When you guys use the glass setting tape I was told by a window guy to spray it with WD40 that makes it easier to install than trim the access afterwards. I tried it an it slids in a heck of a lot easier that way.
Ed | | |
| |
| |