The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jack Ryan, Otto Skorzeny, WICruiser, TUTS 59), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 128
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 128
I am trying to locate the "U" channel rubber weather strip material used to secure the glass on the front windshields, and door glass to the metal frames. It's "U" shaped, with an edge on the ends of the U. I have search the typical Jim carters, Steel rubber etc. Any help is appreciated.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
American Classic, Jim Carters, etc have both items. I just purchased the $54 windshield rubber from Steele because the cheap universal one I got from ACT wasn't very good. If you are referring to the material that holds the glass in the windshield frame it is sold by the foot and is called glass setting tape I believe is what I had ordered and it worked well.

I had purchased the window channel as well for the doors from American Classic Trucks when I rebuilt my doors. You will have to trim the channel to size when you do it.

here is the glass setting tape and the window channels..just look on the page for it:

ACT glass setting tape and channels.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 308
When you guys use the glass setting tape I was told by a window guy to spray it with WD40 that makes it easier to install than trim the access afterwards. I tried it an it slids in a heck of a lot easier that way.

Ed


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0