The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (cmayna, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#165179 01/06/2007 9:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
Just a couple questions for folks in the know, what choices do I have for upgrading my interior to carpet? Do I use a later model like a 67 or 68 and cut it to fit? I'm going to use some blazer buckets so that I'll still be able to access my back seat area.


If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.


1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop
#165180 01/07/2007 1:28 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
I just bought a chunk of automotive grade carpet from a local commercial carpet shop. 3'X6' for $20.00, cut off the big roll. Will make a cardboard pattern for critical areas and freehand cut the rest. Think that beats any mail order supplier hands down! Hope this helps.


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
#165181 01/07/2007 3:21 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 37
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 37
You may have to cut and sew your carpet. Those wheel tubs & trans hump especially. Hope this helps. Tom

#165182 01/07/2007 8:33 AM
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 81
I think you're right about using cardboard templates Fla54Chevy3100, I'll have to do some cutting and glueing. Thanks guys for giving me inspiration.


If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.


1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0