The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Chip O), 62 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
I just wanted to share this . I purchased new grey door panels for my 51 1300. They didn't come with the holes for the arm rests or marked in any way.I took 2 1/4 -20 nc bolts and sawed off the caps then proceded to grind the cap side to a cone shape leaving about a 1/16 flat round spot on the end.Boy they get hot fast! Then I screwed them into the door leaving them out about 1/4 inch. Then I fitted the new panel on and using my hand I applied pressure to make an indent.Remove the panel again and there will be 2 nice indents on the inside ready to drill.The fit was very precise.The drilled hole was a bit raggy but the arm rest covered it.Next time I would try a 3/8 leather punch for a cleaner hole.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
coolchevy,

Good advice. I have used the same technique on cardboard headliners for the holes for the interior sunshades.

Tim

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Way to go!
cool


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 157
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 157
Guys, another way of transferring those holes is to use the proper sized allen setscrews. Screw them into the hole by hand upside-down, then you can use the same method that coolchevy did.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0