The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (kades51, 1955 1 Series, MickeyP, Otto Skorzeny, lumbersawyer), 143 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,413
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164343 05/15/2006 12:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
my 51 did not have a head liner when I bought it.
so I ordered a new one It came in two peices.
How does this go together I am totally lost

#164344 05/15/2006 4:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
Here is a picture that might help you. There is another picture of it next to the one I gave you. http://community.webshots.com/photo/538693657/1538730500032470346QEVrXC
They are a real pain. Do a search on headliner on our forums and you will see a lot of suggestions. You will need an extra person to help you. Cecil.........

#164345 05/15/2006 3:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
Looks good but what holds the peices together in the center, I have a brace but only one end can go into it.

#164346 05/15/2006 9:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
The brace in the back has a grove, the front one has a grove, and the middle brace has two groves. The front and back ones are held with screws. The center one is held with pressure, but there should be two groves like I said. Cecil...........

#164347 05/17/2006 1:46 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
Anyone have pictures of these braces I know I am
missing the center brace but what does the front one look like, I have the rear one. Any for sale???

#164348 05/17/2006 6:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
The company formerly known as Chevy Duty carries them, as does many of the other vendors, including possibly the host of this site, American Classic.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
#164349 05/20/2006 9:19 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
the front of mine was just tucked under the windshield rubber seal iv taken mine out but havent replacet it yet

#164350 07/08/2006 12:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
I was looking at the photos of the center strip. I have a rounded rod for the center of my 53. Is this correct?

#164351 07/10/2006 2:28 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Here is a photo of the headliner in my 53 1/2 ton:

You might want to search the forums for info on installation of these things. Hint - they are a real PITA to install, and you will need two people. As you can see from the photo, there are only 2 bars, one in the center and one in the rear. The front piece of the headliner goes behind the windshield molding. The sides are tucked behind the cab weatherstrip.

53 Headliner

#164352 07/10/2006 2:32 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
looks great,, I have a 2 piece ordered from the filling station, should get here tomorrow.. going to let a pro try it again, do you have yours covered with material or painted........thanks.

Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#164353 07/10/2006 11:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Fred
I currently have just left the headliner as is - cardboard. If I ever get around to finishing the interior I plan on covering it with some type of material.

Great pics of your ride on your website. I really like the one with Red Ryder and the American Flag - nice work!

#164354 07/11/2006 12:25 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
Hey Wayne C,
Just wondering. How did you get your headliner in so smooth? I put one in my '49 and it's all puckered and had to trim off some on the sides. Figured there must be a trick to getting it look as good as yours.


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
#164355 07/11/2006 1:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
wayne, thanks for the response and comments,, I got my card-board head liner today from the filling station...have it out in the sun and got some stuff on it,, looks like it may handle ok, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.. this is the second go around for me,,, screwed it up about 4 yrs ago.

one more question,, does the back brace have to be removed or just loosen enough to slide the old one out or does the screws go all the way into the brace and headliner.....?

Thanks..


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#164356 07/11/2006 2:00 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
Geez, Joker, get with the program and you will find out (loosen some screws)! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to find out how things work on a 52 Chevy 3100. We can't do it for you from here!

#164357 07/11/2006 2:16 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
sure you can grin that's why we pay you big bucks,, already have concern about to many loose screws..thanks for the help, I have problems with the easy stuff wink


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#164358 07/12/2006 3:55 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
Mine went together just fine after I got the correct braces.

#164359 07/12/2006 4:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Pablos49,
I also had to do some trimming and just did a lot of trial and error until I got the liner to fit as good as possible, but it is also not as perfect as it appears in the pic. Having 2 people to work on the installation is a big help.

#164360 07/14/2006 9:53 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
have a few shots of the new-headliner I had installed,, I believe it came out real good,, at least i am happy with it,, the pix were taken in the garage with a flash,, the liner is darker then it shows, but the reason for posting was to show that it came out pretty smooth,, the guy came out, installed it outside, took 2 hours.........

head-liner pix


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#164361 07/16/2006 3:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
That's weird, I just finished the headliner in the 50. Made it myself out of abs plastic then covered it. Look in my pics bleow under interior II


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
#164362 07/17/2006 4:42 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Wilbur,
I really like the look of those seats that you have installed. What vehicle did they come out of??. Also, what steps did you take to do the seat intallation?

Wayne C.

#164363 07/18/2006 1:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
Quote
Originally posted by Wayne C:
Wilbur,
I really like the look of those seats that you have installed. What vehicle did they come out of??. Also, what steps did you take to do the seat intallation?

Wayne C.
The seats came out of 2001 buick park ave.

I had to make mounts for it, both front and rear.
Unfortunatly they don't mount flat to the floor, so custom mounts had to be made.
I have pics of the mounts if you need/want to see them.

wilbur


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
#164364 07/20/2006 2:33 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Wilbur,
Thanks for the info. I would like to see pics of the seat mounts.

Thanks,
Wayne C.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0