The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (jmoore, Jon G, tclederman, moparguy), 140 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163505 08/29/2005 3:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
Does anybody reproduce a floor mat for the AD Suburban? The crispy one I removed from my burb ran under the small flip forward seat. All I can locate is the regular truck mat. Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
#163506 08/29/2005 6:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bruce,

If the 1955-1st rear floor mat is the same color (black) as the '54's, then I do not think anyone is selling a replacement mat or even correct material (linoleum) for you to make your own.

Battleship Linoleum used to have the brown in the correct thickness (brown is the color of rear floor mats in earlier Suburbans). If you can find a sheet of black linoleum (in the correct thickness), you would have to machine/route the grooves into the mat (they can provide an article describing how to do it).

Please post a followup here if you contact Battleship Linoleum and if they have the correct thickness of black linoleum (it used to come from Europe but Armstrong? stopped importing it a few years ago).

Tim

#163507 08/29/2005 8:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
The rear mat was my next question. What I'm looking for right now is the front mat. Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
#163508 08/29/2005 10:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bruce,

Sorry I read that so quickly. I have never seen an original or reproduction front floor mat as you describe. Out of interest, I will check the Master Parts Catalog to see if I can find an original part number.

Tim

#163509 09/01/2005 2:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 65
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 65
There's no repro out there. I just got the standard cab mat and added some ribbed floor mat from the HomeDepot (2'x2' does it) under the jump seat it really doesn't affect the look much. The oringinal mats were coco brown anyway and you'll NEVER find that.

#163510 09/02/2005 1:29 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
If '55-1st has a black rear floor mat, the same color as in 1954, then I bet the front floor mat is black.

The '54-'55-1st upholstery and cardboard door panels were also different colors from earlier years' suburbans.

1929-1954 Chevrolet Master Parts Catalog
Section 16.800 (Commercial Vehicles front floor mats)

3810590 1954 Suburban (front floor mat molded under the passenger seat.
3810690 1947-1953 Suburban (front floor mat molded under the passenger seat)

There was also a Suburban front floor mat available that apparently was not molded to go under the passenger seat.
1952-1953 3698175


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0