The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Southerntruck, 5cameo8, Jack Ryan, Bill Hanlon), 124 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,418
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1612388 10/02/2026 2:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2026
Posts: 5
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2026
Posts: 5
Thank you Paul for suggesting that I join the Stovebolt Forums. I bought my 1957 Chevrolet Cameo in 1978. My Cameo is #2 off the assembly line, made in LA. It has a 235, 6 cyl, with a Hydramatic. The vin is 3A57L100002. I didn’t know at that time what the Vin number was, I just liked the truck. It is all original except for the paint. I painted it a scarlet candy, with a red pearl. The original paint was turquoise and white. It was my first classic.
Attachments
IMG_2327.jpeg (106.72 KB, 87 downloads)
1957 Chevy Cameo #2
IMG_4220.jpeg (126.96 KB, 86 downloads)

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Wow. Amazing find.

Welcome to the ‘bolt.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,488
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,488
Welcome to the ‘Bolt! Nice truck! We would love it if you could tell us about yourself, the history on your truck and what you already accomplished. Any future plans?

We ‘Bolters love pictures, so please include a few more.

Let me give you a helpful guide on navigating the different forums on Stovebolt.

Last edited by Phak1; 10/02/2026 11:56 AM. Reason: Added info

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,956
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,956
Barry - Welcome to Stovebolt! thumbs_up That is a beautiful truck and definitely the lowest production serial numbered truck I've ever seen. WOW !!!

I'll add my ask for more details and info on your truck. grin Plus, please spill the beans. Which "Paul" are you referring to that suggested you join us? headscratch


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,417
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,417
Very nice and an incredible find. thumbs_up

Welcome and thanks for posting.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome! Beautiful truck!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Oct 2026
Posts: 5
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2026
Posts: 5
Thank everyone for welcoming me into your group! I had Paul Schmehl connect with me, and asked me to post on this site about my Cameo. Some want to know a little more about who I am.

I have been in the stage, corporate, Broadway Shows, and convention industry since 1982. I have met most of the entertainers that I have worked for. Many memories, some good, some bad. I have several autographed photos, tons of guitar picks and drum sticks. I have saved all of my backstage passes since 1984. I have 522 passes that I put into special large photo albums, then labeled them all with the concert info.

I just retired from the Natural History Museum of Utah. I worked there for 12 years installing and deinstalling their Special Exhibits. I only worked there twice a year, but for 2 weeks to 2 months at a time. My last exhibit was The Bug World (Lab), from New Zealand.

Many years ago I built a 50’s bar in my basement. It is a 9’x6’ bar, with the chrome, mushroom based 50’s bar stools. I have a 50’s soda jerk, double tap on it. I have several old jukeboxes, soda machines, and a Hires/Coca Cola Root beer Barrel. About 15 years ago, we had an original 50’s Rockabilly star from East Texas, do a 2 day video shoot about his life. His name was Lew Williams. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I am also a professional photographer, and have received several awards worldwide, for both color and B&W. Shooting landscapes, wildlife, architecture,corporate shows, and concerts. I have been married for 51 years, with 2 sons. I will reply with a separate post about my Cameo.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0