Look at Section 2 specifically for the shock info.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Being new to Old Chevies, so I don't see anything indicating models on a 46 other than an ID plate. The picture of the lever shock is off a classified of a 47 he says is a ton and a half. I'd not seen that before - I thought they didn't have shocks. Thanks for the link to the manual, but not too helpful. I can see why the pull the body off and plunk it on newer truck frames.
My 1957 Chevrolet 2 ton Low Cab Forward has factory standard front axle shocks, they are "modern" style tube shocks. I think I remember seeing on the GM Heritage info that rear shocks were an option but that seems strange for a medium duty truck.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Being new to Old Chevies, so I don't see anything indicating models on a 46 other than an ID plate. The picture of the lever shock is off a classified of a 47 he says is a ton and a half. I'd not seen that before - I thought they didn't have shocks. Thanks for the link to the manual, but not too helpful. I can see why the pull the body off and plunk it on newer truck frames.
If your interested in decoding the model info on your truck, below is a snapshot from the 1946 Chevrolet Truck Data PDF from the GM Heritage Center that is a great added source for info about your truck.
Look at the "Vehicle Prefix" row in the snapshot. Your ID plate has a 2 letter code that will tell you which model number (directly above the two letter code) truck you have, presuming the cab hasn't been swapped from one truck to another.
Once you figure out what model you have, you can scroll/read through all the info in the file as it goes into great details on every aspect of your truck. Including both original equipment and optional equipment available.
BTW - The shocks in that '47 classified ad are known as hydraulic lever action shocks. There are two different designs depending on what they were installed on, single action and double action. IIRC those style shocks were used through 1949, then replaced by the new tubular shocks.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)