With the window all the way up, the latch should fall down to the bottom of the door and then out the lower opening. No?
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Just because I can't see from this one picture, did you remove the exterior key lock mechanism?
If every other pieces of hardware securing the latch to the door is removed, from what can be seen in this picture, that's the only thing I can think of to possibly keep it from coming out.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Dan probably has the solution. The key lock has to come out. It's held in place by a sheet metal keeper that's under the weatherstrip. Here's the page from the service manual.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I totally forgot about the door lock and its metal keeper.
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
The Lock is OUT . The handle removed. All screws are out. It seems like the metal window channel? Is holding it in place? Todd I'll try and get a picture.
Todd - Snap shot from the 1948-51 Chevy Shop Manual. I think you skipped step # 3.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)