Not certain where to put this, so I'll put it here to start. Pirate Ship (which I've used since the operation began and which has worked well and has helped me save some $) has a new approach to international shipping. Pretty simple, but with the benefit of some lower shipping rates. I had the chance to use it today. Essentially you buy the postage through them, send your item to a shipping center where it is crated with other items and sent off to the country in question. It also might mean slightly quicker delivery times and being a larger overall package it may enjoy better tracking ability. I'll watch and see on those aspects.

Bottom line is this: there are rates by weight to all countries except Canada and there are rates by weight for Canada only. Here are a couple of examples:
Not over 1/2 pound....Canada $12.99, rest of world $14.99
>1/2 but not over 1 pound...Canada $14.99, rest of world $18.99
>1 pound but not over 2 pounds...Canada $18.99, rest of world $22.99

The process is somewhat less complex than the USPS scheme, also. Aspects of the USPS scheme can make you pull out your hair and scream...especially when you move to the next screen and everything suddenly vanishes completely.

For a lighter item (like the condenser) this can be a nice option if more than one of them is being bought. It might take 8 or 9 of those (along with screws/washers) to equal 1/2 pound. For a heavier item (like a carburetor, set of wheel bearings or a gear cluster, etc) I'm not certain how much difference it would make. Haven't had to ship one of those yet.

Jon


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end