First post here! I’m working on a 1938 LaSalle. The trunk handle rotates 360 degrees, so it does not engage the square “rod” that contracts the latches to open the trunk. Seems that something is broken that would attach the handle to the locking mechanism, preventing it from turning 360 degrees.
I’m looking for any guidance on how to remove the lock cylinder from the handle. Likely I will have to replace the lock cylinder apparatus to repair, but I don’t see how to do that.
Hi, In case you hadn't noticed, this is a GM TRUCK site.
Car discussions are only allowed in the Greasy Spoon forum. I'll move your post there on the off chance that one of the guys can help you.
But you might have better luck on the VCCA Forums.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)