The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (TooMany2count, 32Fordpuchoptop, Hotrod Lincoln), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
I've got the jack, spring, holding plate, I just need the handle.

Thanks all. Located and ordered one off of Ebay.

Last edited by MickeyP; 09/21/2026 1:36 PM.

1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
I assume that it is the same thing as most jack handles. Handle, lug wrench, and wheel cover remover all in one, nearly L shaped? If so I have a few, I just tossed a couple of them in a buddy’s scrap pile. How many of them does one man need? If that’s the case then I would give you one for the cost of the ride.


I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
I had the opportunity to inspect the original jack handle from a '49 3100 pickup, and may duplicate that. I have the bottle style jack but no handle. Here's a couple of pictures I took of it. I would guess the '56 3100 used a similar jack and handle. They bend in the middle with a riveted connection and a double barrel sleeve that slides to secure it straight. The end that goes in the jack has a flattened hook shape. Wouldn't be hard to construct one from some round rod. In case you're wondering about the hand, that's my 9" tape measure I carry around with me all the time. smile
Attachments
IMG_9182.JPG (508.47 KB, 73 downloads)
IMG_9183.JPG (387.5 KB, 72 downloads)
IMG_9184.JPG (99.53 KB, 69 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
PM sent.


1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
Still need one. Check the (bad) picture below. It's for a bottle jack. It is circled on the left side of the picture
Attachments
20260915_211002_030.jpg (159.68 KB, 43 downloads)

Last edited by MickeyP; 09/19/2026 3:07 PM.

1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,651
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,651
I've seen a few of those on Ebay.


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 237
Thank John I'll take a look.


1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,651
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,651
I searched "Vintage Jack Handle".


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0