The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, GDW, Cletus1950, Shade Baby, tclederman), 97 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,459
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1604502 05/25/2026 10:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2023
Posts: 18
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2023
Posts: 18
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to find some wiper blades for my 1947 GMC.
Everything I see seems to be a newer design?
I tried following another thread but it didn't seem to address my question.
I'm guessing these are OEM but someone could have swapped them out 100 years ago?
I've looked at all my usual suppliers and don't see anything close.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, the blade portion is 9 1/4 for the metal and 8 7/8 for the blade/rubber.
Pictures below
Attachments
blade1.jpg (237.42 KB, 73 downloads)
blade2.jpg (223.66 KB, 71 downloads)

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,836
Trico / Anco makes a "classic series" with stainless or aluminum arms and plain rubber blades.

They're usually listed as 33-150 or 33-180 where the second number is the length (10", 18", etc)

Search that way or go to Trico's website. You'll find the listing for Classic wiper blades.

Once you have them, the rubber refills can be purchased from Trico or just cut down any other length to fit. I installed 11" blades on Ol' Roy even though I think the originals were 10". There's plenty of room for them without interference with the rubber window seal.

They're only for looks since I never bother with them and use RainX on the windshield.

Take a look at rock Auto for AD trucks and see if the attachment is the same as the earlier trucks. They have them for $21


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0