The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,541
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
I installed my choke and throttle cables in the dash and through the firewall. I connected the choke cable, but was wondering how/where to connect the throttle cable? Anyone have pictures of your setup. I have a Rochester carb.
Attachments
IMG_1709a.jpg (94.89 KB, 48 downloads)
IMG_1711a.jpg (95.62 KB, 48 downloads)


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
Hold up. Through the magic of the "Search" button I think I found some helpful tips. I'll be back if it doesn't solve my issues. Thx.


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
OK - I think I got this. Found some pictures and helpful tips. The Stovebolt team comes through again! How can I remove this thread?

Last edited by UtahYork; 03/06/2026 3:11 AM.

~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,105
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,105
The cable should thread thru the hole in the end of the rod coming up from the bellcrank where you have a cotter pin currently. You'll need a cable clamp LINK so the throttle crank can slip up the cable when you depress the gas pedal. Here's the best picture I have of mine (a Carter carb, but essentially the same as a Rochester as far as the hand cable connections)
Attachments
IMG_7213.JPG (55.36 KB, 38 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,105
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,105
You were finding the solution as I was posting the picture. If you'd like the thread deleted I can do that.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,964
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,964
John - Here's a snap from a 1948-51 Shop Manual showing the Rochester B. The "red" is your choke cable and the blue is your throttle cable. The throttle cable wire should go through a small hole in the accelerator rod and you will need a cable stop (2nd pic) to secure and set the action length of the cable. The choke cable should go through an existing cable stop already attached to your choke lever. Questions??? headscratch

Never mind - you and Kevin both beat me to the punch - hahaha! dang
Attachments

Last edited by Gdads51; 03/06/2026 3:17 AM. Reason: add Never mind...

~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
Originally Posted by klhansen
You were finding the solution as I was posting the picture. If you'd like the thread deleted I can do that.

You can leave it. Maybe it can help others?


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,664
Originally Posted by klhansen
The cable should thread thru the hole in the end of the rod coming up from the bellcrank where you have a cotter pin currently. You'll need a cable clamp so the throttle crank can slip up the cable when you depress the gas pedal.

Originally Posted by Gdads51
... The throttle cable wire should go through a small hole in the accelerator rod and you will need a cable stop (2nd pic) to secure and set the action length of the cable.

Thanks guys. I have a few of those cable stops. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. The pictures have been very helpful.

Last edited by UtahYork; 03/06/2026 4:26 AM.

~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,885
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,885
.
Attachments
IMG_20211013_165322.jpg (90.3 KB, 24 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0