The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Cletus1950, Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Brian Moore, jeffreyguy), 151 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
Hi all,
I am restoring a 1954 3100 that has the cast iron 4 speed hydramatic transmission. I believe that I am only missing one small piece of the linkage, a part of the bell crank that connects the gas pedal and carburetor to the throttle pressure lever on the transmission. I think the missing piece would be easy enough to make, I have a drawing of it from the shop manual but it would be helpful if I had an actual picture of one. Even better would be a short video of one actually working. Again, the particular portion of the linkage I’m interested in is the throttle bell crank on the engine block.
Thanks,
Doug

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Doug,

Please call me at:

518-253-0914

Tim

Last edited by Gdads51; 03/05/2026 12:25 AM. Reason: added spoiler
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
If Tim can't help, I may be able to. I have a spare bellcrank that needs some straightening and love. I do not have the stud that screws into block. It is different from the manual transmission version and I am pretty sure screws into different hole in block. I will try and check in on this but just got out of hospital and do not get home to visit computer very often.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
I did not have the part.

My Hydra-Matic is apart for shipping.

However, I found this helpful web page about servicing the Hydra-Matic.

Hydra-Matic Servicing Manual https://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/booklets/54sm30/index.html

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
Here is what I have. As you can see, it needs some work. A little bent, dirty, and the one side needs to be pressed back on the pivot tube. If that is what you need, make enough posts that you can send me a private message. We are not supposed to be re-homing parts outside of the parts for sale/ wanted section.
Attachments
RIMG0001.JPG (350.86 KB, 107 downloads)
RIMG0002.JPG (284.27 KB, 104 downloads)

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Good call Greg_H on moving this to a PM once Izzy can get past moderation (needs a few more posts approved). thumbs_up

As an alternative he can update his profile with an email address (not in here please) so members can reach out to him directly.

FYI - If the conversation on asking for/offering part continues here, this thread will get moved to the appropriate Swap Meet forum.

Thank you all. wink


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
Thanks for the photos, Greg. Unfortunately, the illustration in my shop manual is only 2 dimensional and does not show the spring that goes around the pivot post. I was able to make the piece I knew I was missing, the dog legged lever that connects to the rod that goes to the carburetor but I’m afraid I’m going to have to come up with an original spring in order for the linkage to work properly. I don’t know how many posts I need to make before I can PM you but in the meantime I’ll try and update my profile to include my email address.

Doug

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Izzy - this diagram from a 1929-57 Chevy Master Parts Book, gives a better/clearer indication of what all goes in that linkage. The spring itself is Parts Group 3.459, Spring, accel. and carb control lever, torsion (7/8" free length - 3-1/2 coils). I couldn't find anything on the web for a spring being offered, if that is all you need. Suggest you put an ad in the Truck Parts Wanted section of the Swap Meet and pursue the needed parts there.

We can leave this thread here as tech info for you and anyone else needing it.
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
Thanks Gdads,
That's a much better picture than I had. I think I now have a pretty good idea how the apparatus works. Since I'm going to need the spring I will post an ad in parts wanted.

Doug

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I will make it easy. If you PM an address to me, I will ship the part shown to you. If it helps you out, make a donation to this site. That is all I ask. The bracket is multi-function. It has a rod from gas pedal, another up to carb. , and a third that goes to the throttle pressure lever. Sorry for any delay, I don't get to check in real often. I am in a "recovery mode" until doctors give me better clearance to stay at home.

Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2026
Posts: 9
Thank you so much, Greg. I will PM you as soon as I get enough posts!

Doug

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
It is on the way. I e-mailed you tracking info. Post Office said you should get it Monday.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0