The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (SuperSport, tclederman, wvstovebolt, 78buckshot, ‘37ChevyPU, Leo, Flint48, Red75bronco, 1 invisible), 67 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1596209 01/18/2026 2:49 AM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 99
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 99
I see there is one available for the’47-54, but has anyone made or seen one available for the 1946 1/2 t Chevy truck. Here is a picture of one that gave me the idea.
Attachments
IMG_3778.jpeg (157.94 KB, 129 downloads)

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Rick - Nothing found in a quick web search for 1941-46 Chevy pickup rear filler panels. I did find and confirm that Chevy offered a rear bumper filler panel for select 1941-46 passenger cars, with this one being offered on ebay - 1941-42 Chevy car rear bumper filler panel to give you an idea of what it looked like.

Someone willing to do some metal-smithing could probably modify that to fit a pickup. But it might be easier to fabricate one, if you or someone has the skills and tools to take that on.
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 99
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 99
Thanks, I like this one, and the design of it. I’m guessing it could be adapted. Or one made similar based on what I see from this design. It would be nice to know how close the curvature is to the truck bumper.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Rick - According to research through several Chevrolet Master Parts Books, the 1941-46 trucks used the same bumpers for both front and rear, with the exception of Suburbans, Panels, COE's and Utility trucks equipped with the channel type front bumper. The passenger car bumpers were different part numbers for front and back, as well as different from the truck bumper part numbers.

No idea what the difference between passenger car and trucks are, but perhaps that info is out there on the web somewhere? I may do some snooping to see if I can find anything relevant. wink


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Rick
I made a panel for my 46 but I have failed to master the art of putting pictures here. PM me a email address if you want or like and I will
email you a lot of pictures. I made mine out of a old metal desk shelf with welded supports with about a 1/4 inch gap between bumper, I then
cut out a diamond plate polished aluminum tread and placed over the top. Overall a fairly easy project. I will try to post pictures on here

Dan

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,496
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,496
Originally Posted by Chev4t6
Rick
I made a panel for my 46 but I have failed to master the art of putting pictures here.

Here’s a link to instructions on how to add pictures to a post.


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0