The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (ronsway, Jon G, TUTS 59, 78buckshot), 96 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
Okay, the starter is installed...now I realize that I don't have the link that is supposed to connect the starter to the stomp starter assembly.

I have attached a scan from my Master Parts Catalog which is a 1929-1950 and I think I see the link that I am missing, but I am not sure of what the part number should be as the line is blank. Does the blank line indicate that one should use the part number from the following line...or the previous...or that it no longer exists? I also seem to be in need of the spring...but that should be much easier to find a suitable replacement for.

I do see a similar link on eBay, but since I am not sure of the part number - I am not sure if it is the one I am looking for.

(I suppose that it shouldn't be hard to make one of these...but I would need the measurements and some suggestions of how to create it without much in the way of tools!)

Thanks!
Attachments
Missing Link.JPG (322.38 KB, 75 downloads)
Missing Link from Inside Cab.JPG (342.7 KB, 75 downloads)
Starter Link and Spring.jpg (391.58 KB, 75 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,101
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,101
I believe the stomp starter linkage is the same thru the 47-55.1 trucks and likely later as some later trucks use stomp starters.
As far as the blank line in the parts listing, that just means that line and the next one down to the PN are the same, so the PN for that line you highlighted is 371704.

Your best bet would be to post an ad in the Swap Meet. I might even have some of those linkage parts in my pile of stuff. I'd have to look.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,386
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,386
I also may have a link in my pile of parts and can look if you are interested.


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,962
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,962
Nick - Kevin's info is correct that you use the number that is at the bottom of the application list (years and models) as described.

I did a little research and below is a screenshot from little later 1957 Chevy Master Parts Book with the parts for your stomp starter. You only mentioned not having the link, but I added arrows to all the parts that should be there just in case. wink All the parts indicated fit the same years and truck models indicated in the screenshot and actual go up through 1959 trucks. Should be relatively easy to find either by posting an ad in the Swap Meet or searching the web using the GM #'s.
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
Problem solved- - - -I have the parts, including the anti-rattle linkage, and after a good phone call we just had, I'll be sending it Nick's way shortly.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
Thanks, all, for the responses!

I just heard from another Stovebolter (Jerry) that he has these parts available in his stash and he will be sending me the link and the anti-rattle parts!

Once again, the Stovebolt Forum comes through with knowledge and assistance!

Nick

Last edited by Nick in Manitou; 12/14/2025 5:39 PM. Reason: adding Jerry's name

Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0