| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,227 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 21 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 21 | Just want to inform about my experience. I found a source for Frantz as I wanted to replace the rubber "o-ring" and saw they had filters. I thought "This is better than the John Wayne toilet paper those guys on Stovebolt suggested." So I ordered 4 of their "cellulose" filters you can see here: https://www.frantzfilters.com/product-tag/parts/?orderby=popularityWell I got my order yesterday and I'm here to tell you what I bought was FOUR ROLLS OF JOHN WAYNE TOILET PAPER!!!!!! At least the hole in the center is the correct size for the center of my oil filter and the o-ring is a perfect fit
1951 GMC with positive ground. Engine is a ‘54 Chevy passenger car (Serial Number 0024472F54Z) with a ‘56 head (casting code on top of head 3836848 GM 4), Casting Code (on passenger side on side of head B56 848 850)
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,815 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,815 | Isn't the Frantz oil filter's entire raison d'etre is that it utilizes toilet paper?
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 | I buy mine at Costco. Of course we use it in the house too. 1951 3800 1-ton"Earning its keep from the get-go"In the DITY Gallery1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,803 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,803 | The original Frantz system used a regular Fram or AC canister with some adapter bits and pieces. Buy a case of TP from the local "No Tell Motel" and you'll be good to go for a long time! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | |
| |
| |