I am well aware of the various bleeding techniques, but does anyone know of a master cylinder top with fittings that can be used with a pressurized top side brake bleeder for an original style 1961 master cylinder? I had a vacuum one and it worked well enough, but this would make it ten times easier and faster. The adapter that came with the bleeder must be for later years and bigger master cylinders.
Last edited by Gdads51; 11/07/20252:27 AM. Reason: add detail to title
High Plains - Is your master cylinder the single chamber for brakes only, or the side by side dual chamber for brakes and clutch operation?
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
If I did the math correctly, it looks like the plate is about 3-5/16" x 4-1/8" and should span your side by side dual master cylinder. You just mount it long ways across your chambers long side and it should properly cover the chamber and still fit without interference against the firewall, I think.
You could even fabricate a similar plate to specifically fit your application using common materials from a hardware store.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Looks exactly like what I need, the bleeder came with something similar but was about double the size and had two holes, tried to make it work but it didn't. Will probably just order that and be set
This is my bleeder. I clamp it to the master cylinder with a C" clamp. Hook it to compressor and adjust pressure to 5 psi. Check fluid level after a bleeding a wheel cylinder by cranking pressure back down and refill master cylinder as needed. Works like a champ. The bottom is a layer of 3/16" rubber matting.
Last edited by 1955 1 Series; 11/08/20252:57 AM. Reason: info