The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1589069 10/06/2025 3:44 AM
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 74
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 74
The generator died on my 261, so I opted to put a 10SI alternator in its place (I havent measured it, but i think the pulley on the alternator is the stock 2 5/8" diameter). The A40/4L420 belt I was using with the generator is too long. Like Murphys law dictates about randomized spare parts, I tried a 4L380 and a 4L400 belt I had in our spare parts shed, and they were too short.

I'm going to the store after work tomorrow to get a 4L410 belt, but I'm a little bit curious - what are the fan belt lengths you guys are running on your 'bolts?

Last edited by Puffie40; 10/06/2025 3:46 AM.

1959 Canadian GMC 9600 with a dump box
Intro / Details in Big Bolts
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,649
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,649
I have a '60 235 with alternator and I was using a 40" belt. Then I installed a water pump relocation adapter plate which move the WP up and I'm now using a 42.5" belt.
Attachments
IMG_9709a.jpg (147.46 KB, 53 downloads)
IMG_0141a.jpg (134.55 KB, 53 downloads)

Last edited by UtahYork; 10/06/2025 5:10 AM.

~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
1962 235 with stock water pump location and 10si.

Using a Gates 7417 (replaces 11a1055), which is slightly wider (11mm) and longer (1055mm) than the belt in John's pix.

Why Gates renamed the 11a1055 to 7417 seems strange. The 11a1055 number told you exactly what you have.


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0