The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, 50Chevy3100, 1 invisible), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,257
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1588658 09/30/2025 3:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
So I decided to pull my seats down from the rafters. After looking at them, only one seat bottom looks to be useable. I need the later two cushion bottom setup as I have the battery under the right side and the ECM under the left side. Has anybody found any late model seats that might work in this situation? I have three seat backs, none look the same and 5 seat bottoms, none of them the same. They are just to far gone to try and rebuild. I have front seats out of a 95 suburban but they are to big/ set to high to work.


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1588681 09/30/2025 11:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
I should have asked if anyone knew what the proper dimensions for the seat bottoms are for the 37/38 low cab? The one's I have seen to hang over the seat pedestal to far, about 3' or4"


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1588808 10/02/2025 1:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
I can go measure my low cab Chevy seat bottoms, they set on top of and hang over the fuel tank surround about a 1/4" on all sides.

FAST55 #1588817 10/02/2025 3:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
That would be great, then I can measure what I have to see if I can use any of them.


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1588896 10/03/2025 1:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
They are not square, but close. 23" front back in the center of truck, 22" front to back towards the door. Side to side at the back 24". side to side at the front 21". These are base measurements. They are wider and deeper where you set, maybe 3/4" to 1" more all around.

FAST55 #1588901 10/03/2025 3:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
Ok, thanks for the info. Now to see if I have another bottom piece.


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1589208 10/08/2025 4:14 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
Finally had time to get the seats measured. See the pictures. This is the one I have put upholstery on, but I think it is too big, hangs over the front of the pedestal about 4" and the sides about 2'.
Attachments
IMG_3238.JPEG (314.6 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_3239.JPEG (305.17 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_3240.JPEG (172.96 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_3241.JPEG (215.79 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_3242.JPEG (226.16 KB, 61 downloads)
IMG_3243.JPEG (118.59 KB, 60 downloads)
IMG_3243.JPEG (118.59 KB, 61 downloads)
IMG_3244.JPEG (176.44 KB, 60 downloads)
IMG_3245.JPEG (300.17 KB, 63 downloads)
IMG_3246.JPEG (255.96 KB, 61 downloads)

Last edited by Gdads51; 10/08/2025 11:16 PM. Reason: removed image link from text to allow full pics to display

1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1589209 10/08/2025 4:25 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
Here's some more. These show a smaller seat bottom compared to the one I have put upholstery on.
Attachments
IMG_3247.JPEG (350.39 KB, 52 downloads)
IMG_3248.JPEG (308.41 KB, 53 downloads)
IMG_3249.JPEG (287.9 KB, 54 downloads)
IMG_3250.JPEG (155.18 KB, 53 downloads)


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod
FAST55 #1589227 10/08/2025 3:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
My Chevy seats only hang over the front about 3/4". How do they feel setting on them? My legs got pretty tired till I raised the front slightly, then I added stiff foam across the front edge so it didn't droop. Now they set somewhat like a bucket seat, you settle in towards the back cushion instead of falling forward. I also like the rear cushion on the forward most step of the adjuster plates, the straight up position wasn't good for long drives.

FAST55 #1589228 10/08/2025 3:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
I haven't recovered the back rest yet. I have to rebuild it and replace a few springs. I'll go ahead and recover the other seat bottom and the the back rest and see how it works out. Probably wont be for a month or so, as we are leaving town for a few weeks.


1936 GMC T-14 restro-mod

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0