Just wanted to post this issue I had with the Clutch Fork Retaining Clip.

The 1st pic shows the retaining clip I ordered from LMC truck. I installed the clip and could not get the fork to ‘clip’ onto the pivot ball. I did everything I could think of to get it to clip in.

I stopped and pulled the fork out and noticed the clip was deformed because luckily, LMC sent two clips (by mistake), and I could compare them. I searched for answers and even watched several videos on the installation of the fork. I knew something was up because they always seemed to jump to the fork installed after having problems with the initial installation. I verified that I did not have the clip in backwards (as mentioned in a form, making sure the bend in the clip would be facing out of the fork to accommodate the pivot ball) and even turned the opening of the clip to 10 o'clock, facing the open end of the fork that holds the throw-out bearing. Still no success resulting in the 2nd clip from LMC becoming deformed.

Luck would have it that I still had the original retaining clip, which I thought was broken, see pic 2. I put the original clip in after cleaning it, and 1-2-3, the fork clipped into the pivot ball like it was made to do.

Since I could not find much on this topic, I figured I would post my findings here in the hope of helping someone else.
Attachments
2025-09-28 Clutch Fork Bad clip.JPG (25.93 KB, 17 downloads)
2025-09-28 Clutch Fork Original.JPG (23.94 KB, 17 downloads)

Last edited by Bornco; 09/28/2025 8:12 PM.

1960 Chevy Apache (C10)
1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck
1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck