I have a 1935 Chev 1 1/2 ton w/ 207 CID ENGINE. I’ve installed the clutch but I’m having a heck of a time installing those 3 springs that hold the bearing to the 3 levers. Is there a trick?
Last edited by Punch; 08/27/202511:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
I’m assuming you’re referring to the cast iron plate and not the carbon bearing. If it’s similar to a 1/2 ton, the plate springs (0.814) are installed on the plate (0.800) prior to installing plate. They are left rotated in the disengaged position. After installing the plate, the springs are rotated on to the levers. Hope this helps.
Anyway finally was able to attach the 3 small spring clips that hold the 3 levers to the cast iron plate but it was still agonizing. No problem when clutch is on the bench but of course you can’t install the clutch until it’s compressed.