The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (1955 1 Series, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, DHedrick, Robert Crandall, klhansen), 123 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,399
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 27
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 27
I am restoring a 1951 truck painted outside juniper green looking to paint the interior possible Medium tan metalli-chrome was looking for a paint code.
Also looking for any suggestions on a good interior color to match the green.

Last edited by Peggy M; 07/08/2025 8:33 PM.
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,864
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,864
What is your goal? Are you trying to restore the truck to factory condition? If not, any color you choose will be fine.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,094
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,094
The factory color matches about anything. I bought what Jim Carter calls the factory interior paint, but found it quite a bit darker than spots on my truck that were protected from fading. I had that paint lightened a bit locally to get a closer match. I don't think Jim Carter will divulge the paint code (and I was unable to find it anywhere) for the interior paint, but if you have a part (seat riser skirt, etc) that can be taken to an auto paint store, they can match it. If not you could probably use Jim Carter's color and no one would know better. He supplies PPG ALK200 paint, which is an alkyd enamel and applies easily. 47-52 Interior Paint

[on edit]TCP Global has the attached that they matched from and original part (the one on the left). But I don't know what that would look like on an actual truck.
Attachments
1951-Chevrolettruck-pg09.jpg (29.16 KB, 102 downloads)

Last edited by klhansen; 07/08/2025 9:35 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 27
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 27
I was looking to restore the truck to factory condition if possible or close to it.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
Rustoleum 7272 is a pretty close match.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
painted both my current and extra steering wheel that 7272 color. Awesome.

Miller, your truck would love to show off that color while sitting at a Shakespearean Festival, there in Ashland.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,504
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,504
I used a color the folks at English Color and I matched to the parts which still showed the original color. It was what you see below. If you want the information, please let me know. It sprays really well.
Attachments
IMG_9250-1.JPG (164.66 KB, 40 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0