The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, TUTS 59, Gdads51, TooMany2count, 2 invisible), 74 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,348
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#157867 03/18/2006 6:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 46
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 46
I was drilling out a broken stud the other day with a very dull drill. My old grinder wheel is pretty worn and it is hard to do a good job sharpening a small bit on it. My 3" air cut off tool was handy so I gave it a try sharpening the bit. I think it did a great job and I had better control with it than the big grinder. Just thought I would mention this tip I never thought of doing before.
Bob

#157868 03/18/2006 7:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 59
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 59
Start hinting that you want a Drill Doctor for Christmas/Birthday/Groundhog day, whatever. I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's one of the best tools I've got. I put up with dull bits for years because I couldn't get the sharpened very good on my old grinder. In fact they were usually worse after sharpeneing. With the Drill Doctor, a couple of seconds and the bit cuts like new.


72 Sierra Grande - Maych

Forget about "do it right the first time". Do it wrong the first time to learn how, then do it right the second time.
#157869 03/18/2006 7:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
those drill dr's work great,,my buddy has one. I can't sharpen a bit to save my tail. bits are getting pricey these days. brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0