The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Donf, Goach2, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna, Joe H, Wally / Montana, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,307
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
Hi All,

I have a ‘55 2nd Series with a “Deluxe TwinAir” heater. Unit has a defroster lever, a two speed fan that works; but no temperature control I can find except for door on either side of the heater box. Doors can opened or closed. Heater hose from engine to heater unit and return to engine, but no inline control valve on hoses.

Anyone know how this works? Just either open or close the side doors? No intake air from anywhere. Side doors are open in attached photo.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0674.jpeg (136.67 KB, 58 downloads)


Geoff

1955 2nd Series 3600 235 cid, 4 sp. - Current
1979 Chevy K10 350 cid 4 sp -Sold
1955 2nd Series Wide Window 283 cid 3 sp - Totaled
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,825
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,825
Yep. You regulate the temperature in the cab by opening or closing the doors and turning the fan on either Hi, or Lo.

It's a recirculating air heater rather than a fresh air heater.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
That's the conclusion I came to; thanks for confirming. If it gets to hot, I'm thinking I could install a valve in the heater hoses similar to what the '70's Chevy trucks had. Is the TwinAir an aftermarket unit?


Geoff

1955 2nd Series 3600 235 cid, 4 sp. - Current
1979 Chevy K10 350 cid 4 sp -Sold
1955 2nd Series Wide Window 283 cid 3 sp - Totaled
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,825
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,825
Yes, it's an aftermarket heater. It may have been installed by the dealer or even purchased from Western Auto and installed by the owner.

I have a recirculating heater. It has a shutoff valve on one of the heater hoses near the water pump to keep hot water from entering the heater core in the summer.

I never bother turning it off because it doesn't really heat up the cabin with the fan off and I drive with the windows down and intake vents open anyway.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2024
Posts: 114
Thanks for info Otto! I'll try as it is; and if it gets too hot there are lots of shut off/by-pass valves available; manual, cable, vacuum, electric.. Add it to the list!


Geoff

1955 2nd Series 3600 235 cid, 4 sp. - Current
1979 Chevy K10 350 cid 4 sp -Sold
1955 2nd Series Wide Window 283 cid 3 sp - Totaled

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0