| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#15764 11/25/2001 4:51 AM | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2 | I have two engine Serial numbers that I cannot identify. They are for 6 cylinder engines, they are KEAI37870 and F806B can anyone identify these? Any links?
todd simpson
| | |
#15765 11/30/2001 8:54 PM | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 8 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 8 | Your second engine is: 135-145hp 235, from '58-60 (up to '62?) 8.25:1 compression ratio with Powerglide tranny built on August 6th in Flint.
The first engine number you mentioned I can't find, but I have a reference for a '52 216 that reads KBA, maybe you mistook the KBA for KEA?
If you really want to pinpoint the year of your engines, there is a number cast into the block by the starter (at least on 235's) Example: H216 Reply with that and I'll help you out some more. They should both have a similar date casting on the head under the valve cover; The block is your best bet since the head may have been swapped.
6 > 8
-Keepin' Things Inline-
| | |
| |
| |