The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible), 97 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1575180 04/15/2025 11:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
I replaced my Arvin heater switch and I now have continuity through the switch. I applied about 10 volts and nothing. The ground wire got pretty warm. I think it is the original fan. Where do I get a replacement fan motor for it? I am switching the 1946 1/2 ton truck to a 12v system. I included the type of heater I have. TIA

Hank
Attachments
20250415_165512.jpg (306.48 KB, 57 downloads)
20250415_165516.jpg (148.83 KB, 56 downloads)
20250415_165528.jpg (229.61 KB, 57 downloads)
20250415_165522.jpg (379.75 KB, 57 downloads)

Last edited by Hog Wild; 04/15/2025 11:37 PM.
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 439
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 439
Mine is an even older Arvin. But I found a perfect fit at grainger. Check all the dimensions online, but I think they used that same motor forever. Probably 12v or 6v available


Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.
37 GC #1575362 04/18/2025 12:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
Thanks 37 GC I will take it out this weekend and measure the mount holes and shaft. I would rather go with a 12 volt. I plane on taking the core to a radiator next week to get it checked out.

Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,497
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,497
When you take it out and measure it, please look at the Freebies section of the Swap Meet. There is a 3 speed motor I've offered there free for the cost of shipping. We can see if it will work for you once we know the dimensions, etc of yours.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 60
Copy that Jon G. I will take a look and see.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0