So after body work etc, I noticed my doors don’t have drains. Can anyone show me pictures about where you could add or locate door drains in the bottom of the door? My concern is will the weatherstripping block the holes?
I figured I had a picture of the bottom of a door. There are 4 "D" shaped holes at the bottom of the outer skin. The weatherstrip won't cover them up.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
There's no need for them to be "D" shaped. The water doesn't care. Just drill a few holes to just miss the inside skin. I think that the skin was punched at the factory and the flaps left in place to locate the outer skin against the inner before folding the edge over the inner skin.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.