The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
I have a firewall mountable C/B assembly (see pictures). Now even I can figure out how to secure it to the inside of the firewall, but I am seeking advice, examples, pictures, etc, of how to secure the rear of this assembly to the area underneath the dashboard, in a safe and secure manner. Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_8402.JPG (273.67 KB, 127 downloads)
IMG_8403.JPG (206.72 KB, 124 downloads)
IMG_8404.JPG (212.59 KB, 125 downloads)


1952 Chevy 3100
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,802
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,802
What's a C/B assembly?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
clutch, brake


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,802
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,802
Aahh! Got it.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
A bracket off of the dash or column mount area usually triangulates pretty well.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Man, that's going to be a tight fit. I would definitely attach a doubler plate on the outside of the firewall to spread the load.

Are you sure you need the back end of it attached to the dashboard? There is a stiffener on the bottom edge of the dash panel, so you might just be able to fab a couple of straps to bolt to that and your C/B pedal assembly. With a heavy and large enough doubler on the firewall it might be OK without attaching the rear.

[on edit] Mark got there first. LOL!

Now I'm seeing those two straps extending backward. Maybe those can just be drilled for bolts to the bottom of the dash panel.

Last edited by klhansen; 02/21/2025 6:26 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
It is really not as big as the picture might indicate. It really ends at the back of the square tubing. The flat steel extensions are to aid in securing it to the dashboard area, and are completely removeable. I will post pictures in the months ahead if and when I get to actually positioning it. Guidelines say to get seat and steering column in position before you settle on positioning of Clutch/Brake assembly. Also, the C/B asembly on the outside of the firewall is a Hydratech hydroboost system that has a large plate to match the inside C/B plate (partially). The Wilwood master cylinder then attaches to the hydroboost system. The clutch is yet another Wilwood master cyclinder of much smaller size.

Today, all of this is "on the shelf". I will post pictures if and when we get to the mock-up stage with this build.

Thanks


1952 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,382
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,382
I used a C/B pedal assembly from an S10. I needed to modify the clutch pedal to get the clutch master acuator rod in line as the clutch master needed to clear the brake booster (the original S10 clutch master was located down low). I was able to modify the S10 bracket to mount to the underside of the dash. Not sure they will help your situation but a few pictures attached.
Attachments
20220913_092307.jpg (259.34 KB, 66 downloads)
20220913_092344.jpg (244.61 KB, 66 downloads)
20220823_113534.jpg (250.6 KB, 66 downloads)


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 196
Thanks, WICruiser; Just seeing how you attached the back of your C/B assembly to the underside of the dash has sparked my ideas of how to secure my assembly.


1952 Chevy 3100
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Some 90 degree under dash stuff I've done.
Attachments
40Ford123.jpg (214.75 KB, 40 downloads)
modela345.jpg (57.61 KB, 39 downloads)
1928tudor201.jpg (172.69 KB, 39 downloads)


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0