I just want to double check if the cross shaft bracket bolts up to the floor. In the assembly manual the bracket appears to bolt horizontally. But in assembly one bolt long goes through the cab support brace that leaves two square holes facing the underside of the floor. Mine does not to have the holes to go through the floor but it would be easy enough to drill the two holes and put in two 5/16 bolts with nuts but before I do that I wanted to make sure this would be correct
Yes, there should be two bolts thru the floor and that bracket. Use carriage bolts with the heads on top so you don't have a big lump under the floor mat. Look at FAM Section 5, Sheet 3.00 (one page back from the page you posted, that one is for cowl/chassis trucks.)
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.