The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck), 144 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
Good morning friends and neighbors :-) I put power steering in my 55 second series truck and I am looking for some information on setting the drag link to pitman arm for proper adjustment. I think I have more turning to the left than to the right. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks


1955 second series 3200
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
steering box needs to be calibrated. Center it and put the steering shaft in. Pull steering wheel and center it.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
Thank you for that info, I understand the objective do you know a source that gives details on the process.

Thanks


1955 second series 3200
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
Mine was in the CVF power steering box instructions. centering the box is crucial. Thats your L+R travel.
Someone can describe it better than I.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 126
Thank you


1955 second series 3200
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
What I did when I found that my travel L+R was not the same with my column in was,
I pulled the column shaft out of the box and centered the box . Turn all the way to one side then count revolutions
to the other side. Then 1/2 of that back the other way is center. reinstalled my column shaft and pulled the steering wheel and centered it.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0