The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (TUTS 59, klhansen, cmayna), 76 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,501
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1569113 01/29/2025 12:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
I finally got the old seat out. This is what is supposed to be left once you remove the seat, right?

I couldn't believe when I looked under the seat and saw that it was welded down. They welded it with the tank in place as well. Goot jorb Bubba.

Now comes the tedious cleanup. The positive side is that they were terrible at welding, so half the welds have no penetration. The negative side is that they were terrible at welding so the other half just blew straight through the floor.

Remember: Wise old Owl says "Don't hug the angle grinder!"
Attachments


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Ouch!


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,321
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,321
Looks familiar the grinder rash that is ,took the guard off mine when I did the passenger cowl and was as carful as can be but one thing is that when the grinder switch is put on to stay running and unplugged the switch stays on and when you put it on your lap to plug it in it walks over your legs goes through your overalls and jeans underneath .l still have the 2 inch scar on my leg so I won’t do that again but would be nice if there was a safety feature so if the device becomes unplugged the switch automatically turns off .


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
I have a bad hip and I was leaning in with the grinder. My hip cramped up and I tried to catch myself with one hand so I didn't faceplant into the spiky bits. The grinder caught in one of the body channels and shot over and got my hand.

Oh well, it will heal. I cleaned it and bandaged it up with gauze and duct tape. When my daughter got home, she made me stop and let her clean and bandage it again because she got her first aid certification recently and told me I could not have done it more wrong if I tried.

I was amused, but let her do it. It was fine, but good practice for her.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
was Bubba the previous owner? Last name?


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,880
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,880
Bubba is slang for a redneck/hillbilly of generally low intelligence known for making repairs to automobiles that do more harm than good.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,967
Thats not good.

Last edited by Guitplayer; 01/29/2025 3:57 PM.

~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,086
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,086
Originally Posted by Fibonachu
... Oh well, it will heal. I cleaned it and bandaged it up with gauze and duct tape. When my daughter got home, she made me stop and let her clean and bandage it again because she got her first aid certification recently and told me I could not have done it more wrong if I tried.
I like the new bandage better. "Wise Owl." Couldn't have been a better choice. SHE is a Wise Owl. Good of you to let her practice on you. And probably a very good thing she didn't see it all go down. Yikes!


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
Bubba is slang for a redneck/hillbilly of generally low intelligence known for making repairs to automobiles that do more harm than good.

Yes. I use the term generically to indicate whoever did the poor work that I am currently fighting with. Depensing what vehicle I am working on, sometimes Bubba was teenage me.

I explained it to my kids as a way to ascribe frustration to a personification without any actual blame being applied or attacking any real person.

That explanation might indicate that I have spent way too much time thinking about this.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0