I can't believe it's been 8 years since I was last on this forum. At that time, I documented the build of my 1958 Apache pickup. Thought I would give everyone an update although I don't know if anyone will remember it. As a reminder it has a .040 over 261, custom 2 deuce EFI system, vintage McCulloch supercharger, close ratio 3 speed transmission, and a gear venders overdrive. I am happy to report that the truck is still running very well with hardly any issues, and I have put approx. 5000 miles on it. It also survived a shop fire during this time. Thanks for your time, Diceman
Last edited by Gdads51; 12/30/20243:02 AM. Reason: Fix link in text box to allow pic to show
diceman1950 - Did you register under a new member name??? I recall your truck from back then and seems you used to post under “Diceman”.
Isn’t this you posting on your truck in the HiPo Shop???
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
So, you're asking 'Diceman' why he has dice in his fuel filter? I struggle to think of a single, more self-answering question. I have no idea who Diceman is, but with dice in his fuel filter, he is already cool by me.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.