The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck), 144 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Aircat boasts their air tools are quieter than average. Anyone tried these or heard anything about 'em? I'm looking to buy a ratchet.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Never heard of them,.I bought a 1/2 inch impact and a 3/8 inch air ratchet made by Jet a few years ago.They have worked very well and were modestly priced.somewhere around $50. each.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I took a chance and bought an Aircat 1/2" impact today. They are supposed to be less noisy than most air tools and are made in the U.S. This particular one says 640 lbs. max torque.
It's coming in the mail so I'll let y'all know how it is. If it's quiet like they say, I may go for a ratchet as well.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
So I got my impact in the mail today. I'm disappointed already. Made in the U.S. HA!
I called Northern Tool and asked them for the country of manufacture on the model I was interested in and they told me U.S.
I found a better deal at MaxTool on the same model. I open the box and there's the sticker, "Made in Taiwan".
I think you've gotta spend $200 plus to get an air tool that's made in the U.S. these days. A lot of the Ingersoll-Rand's are made in Asia these days as well.
Can you buy a $120 impact wrench that's made in U.S.?
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0