The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (JW51, PAUL Berardi, 55shaker, Pre '68 Dave, Lightholder's Dad), 102 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,329
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1558076 09/16/2024 5:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
I've gotten tired of trying to keep this Rustoleum paint shiny. So I wondered what would have been used on the farm in 1965. I decided the farmer asked his wife if he could use her floor polish.
I coated Little Blue with 5 coats of ZEP high traffic floor polish. No rubbing, no buffing, just wiped it on with a terrycloth rag.
I like how it turned out, almost like a clearcoat.
Attachments
Zep floor polish.jpg (150.6 KB, 73 downloads)
Little Blue putting on the shine.jpg (302.45 KB, 73 downloads)
Little Blue shiney with ZEP.jpg (269.58 KB, 73 downloads)


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,845
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,845
What's the story on that bizarre zig zag plumbing job?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
That is to cool and condense the water out of compressed air lines.

Last edited by Phak1; 09/17/2024 2:21 AM. Reason: Correct grammar

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
Yes, it is for compressed air. Removes moisture and cools the air. Homemade for spray painting.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0