The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, HandyAndy, klhansen, 1946chevytruck), 162 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,607
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 120
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 120
I’m interested in a couple things to upgrade my stock pickup. First, a rear view mirror that mounts to the upper cowl or whatever you call it above the windshield. Is there a factory or aftermarket option?
Second, three point seatbelts. I didn’t really want to go this route but I feel it’s best. Is there a three point adaptation out there for these trucks?

Last edited by Bob King; 08/08/2024 1:05 AM.

1946 Chevy 1/2 ton "patina" pickup with a 1953 235 engine, otherwise all stock and unmolested!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Bob, If you are looking for a complete mirror and mounting arm, I found this new unit for 1960-71 C10's offered. Was the best price for both items together.

If you do a web search, you will find a variety of sellers offering a 3-point seatbelt system for your truck. This one covers driver and passenger 3 point belts, but doesn't include anything for a center seat position.


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 120
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 120
Gdads51 - My bad, I’ve changed the post, I have a 1946 truck not 1964. My fingers are dyslexic…

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/06/2024 6:14 PM. Reason: Remove quote - not necessary ;)

1946 Chevy 1/2 ton "patina" pickup with a 1953 235 engine, otherwise all stock and unmolested!
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 122
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 122
Re: mirror
When I bought my truck someone had mounted a rear view mirror to the center divide of the windshield. The mirror looks like it was designed to be mounted there; probably was removed from a car of that vintage…?

I didn’t reinstall it after I refurbished my windshield since it was always blurry from vibration and useless if I cranked open the windshield any at all. I would consider mounting one to the overhead cowl just because I’m so conditioned to glance there first.
Greg

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Bob, No worries - lol! I suffer from that and fat fingers syndrome too. not me

I’ll take a look tomorrow and see what I can find. wink


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0