This 1968 Chevy c10 came to me in Idaho from Mississippi with a 15 year stop in Utah. The truck was gone through and made spicy and then the owner at the time passed away about six months later.
It was hauled from Mississippi to Utah where it was parked in a field for what was supposed to be a short time. Yet 15 years later, I got my hands on it and we begin the process.
The truck has a 327 and the three on the tree and A/C. It runs and I'm fixing a few small things like jockey box latch and door pins. Then we start diving into the hard stuff.
Last edited by Peggy M; 08/12/20244:48 PM. Reason: Added images
So as I dive into this truck more I am learning more and more about the history of it. I must say I was not expecting that rabbit hole.
This truck was re-built in early 2000's for a gentlemen and given to him by his brother. He got to drive it for I believe roughly nine months before he passed away. His brother then took the truck and and moved it from Mississippi to Iowa.
After living in Iowa for some time, the truck moved to Texas. Then it moved to one of the Dakotas and eventually made its way to Utah. The truck ended up in a field and the owner/brother moved to Idaho where he passed away. The truck was subsequently forgotten about.
I received the truck as part of a cleaning process and had to chase down the paperwork. The owner/brother's family was so awesome and willing to help. I have even returned some of the items left in the truck. We have the paper work in hand and now we can get this thing back to the beast it was.
Glad to hear you got the truck paperwork sorted out and can get going putting it "back to the beast it was"! Should be a lot of fun working on it, being just a bit smaller than your "Bessy" - lol.
Just noticed your location matches my birth place. Small world as the saying goes. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the '68.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)