I found a NOS SKF C1506 bearing that I would like to use for my 46 1/2 ton rear differential pinion bearing. The bearing number is 2F-C1506 and was made in Sweden. Any idea what the 2F prefix means?
Thanks,
Larry P
Larry
46 Chevy 1/2 ton stake - family truck for 78 years USAF 75-81
Do you have the original bearing on hand to compare with that one? I don't think I've ever seen a pinion bearing that's not tapered, unless it's being used behind the gear teeth, like on a Ford 9 inch, etc. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Yes. The original bearing was a Hyatt OR1506. The bearing sets right in front of the pinion gear. See attached pics (hope I attached them correctly). I believe it takes the radial load of the pinion gear. The 3.55 parts kits include a C1506 bearing for this that is made in China. I'm just trying to stay away from China bearings if at all possible. Thanks. Larry P
Larry
46 Chevy 1/2 ton stake - family truck for 78 years USAF 75-81
Jerry, AD 3100's use a that 1506 roller bearing just forward of the pinion teeth, and a double roller bearing (that resists thrust in two directions) at the front of the pinion shaft.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.