The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,506
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
1947 GMC 1/2T. My shocks are toast so I am converting to tube shocks. I need the location for the upper rear mounts. I have the front upper mount locations, I now need the rear. Thanks.


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,104
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,104
I can get those for you. I think I may have already posted those somewhere here. Let me check.

Yep, here you go. LINK First pic is for the front mount. The second (without the bracket) is for the rear mount.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
Great. I searched but did not find that before. I will let you know how it goes.


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,104
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,104
Rich

Here's another set of measurements for the front brackets. These are referenced from the upper spring shackle. Also one from the lower front steering gear mounting bolt. All measurements are to center of bolt/rivet/hole, etc. Should get you in the right spot referenced to the axle. The third hole (upper forward) on the bracket can be used once you locate the bottom two. I couldn't get a good measurement on it because of the shock being in the way.
Attachments
IMG_6927.JPG (308.73 KB, 59 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
Kevin, You are awesome! chug For those that read this and wonder why the first set of measurements was not good enough, the reason was discussed in private messaging which I will share here. My truck is a 47 GMC 1/2T. As far as the general public is concerned, 47-53 Chevy or GMC trucks are all pretty much the same. That is not correct. For those of us who know, there are many differences. Most are obvious visually but many more differences are hidden under the skin. This project has enlightened me to the fact that the 47-48 GMC 1/2T frame is longer than others in the front to support the very heavy front grill used on those trucks. That makes any measurements based on the front of the frame or the bumper bracket bolt hole inaccurate. Kevin, I can't thank you enough for taking the time again to get this new info for me and hopefully others in the future. thumbs_up


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0