The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (3800rao, IHPWR, Lightholder's Dad, Leo, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,344
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I bought a reproduction choke cable for my 1965 Chevy C10 pickup.

There has never been one in there since I bought it, but I think my electric choke is whack so I'm probably going to replace it with the manual.

Anyway, how does the choke cable route from the dash through the firewall?

Thanks.

-Woog

EDIT: I have the shop manuals, 1963, 1965 supplement and the assembly manual, so if anyone knows where it is in one of those books, please let me know. I haven't found it yet. grin

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 162
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 162
I put one on my 60. There's a hole just above the dist. towards the pass. side in the firewall. Pretty straight shot to the carb. It still doesn't work all that well though. Not real impressed with those cables.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 605
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 605
I bought the generic chrome handle cable from NAPA. I lubricated the solid steel cable/wire prior to installation using chassis grease. It works buttery smooth now, versus the sticky old one.

So I think that's the secret. Thread it through the dash to where you want it, cut the housing to length. Then coat the inner wire with grease and thread it in, adjust to carb as needed. My carb just had a lever with a hole in the end, so I had to bend my choke wire into a zig-zag to accommodate it.


1965 C60 school bus | 1967 GMC 6500 school bus
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 162
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 162
Good advice, thanks. I'll try that.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Thanks for the replies, folks.

-Woog


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0