Looking for insight on installing a Guide S-16 spotlight on the passenger side of my 1948 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. I have the light and correct bracket. Will the spotlight interfere with the original mirror mounted on the passenger side? Will the inside handle interfere with the opening/closing of the glove box door?
If there's an answer to this, I'll bet that others would appreciate hearing how to do it (or whether it's possible).
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I have to believe that I am not the first person to think about attempting this project.
Furthermore, I would bet good $ that others have attempted this installation. I would just like to see pictures of the final results and read about it, soaking in as much advice possible before tackling a passenger/right hand side installation.
The driver's side/left hand side installation was nerve-wracking enough! I was concerned about the radio antennae and the visor causing issues. That April 2019 project required a few beers and 2 good cigars between my buddy and I
Somebody had already drilled my A pillars for spot lights. Choices were to weld up the holes, which, because they were right on the lead joint, would've required more extensive finish work. Or, throw in a couple of spots. I went for the latter since it would add a little bling and I already had the spots, less the install kit. They were later model with rubber handles, but I didn't care. They've actually become extremely handy for moving inebriated people out of the way when pushing the dragster around at the race track. They assume it's the Sheriff flashing lights at them!
Sorry for taking so long to get some better pics. Between the rain and the work schedule, this is the first day I've been able to get out there. As you can see, I get to use about 3/4 of my mirror in either position. Plenty enough for what I need the mirror to do.
The passenger side spotlight has been successfully installed with the help of a buddy, a couple of beers, and a cigar. A reminder to include a 5A inline fuse. As the pictures show, there is no interference between the inner handle and the glovebox door. In addition, the passenger side mirror is able to be viewed and adjusted freely. I had to add an extension to the mirror arm; it is an interesting fix! It is available through Jim Carter Truck Parts and Classic Parts of America. I do have a minor blind spot at the 5 o'clock position; I can live with it.
After installing the driver’s side spotlight 5 years ago, the most difficult part of this latest installation was:
A) finding another nice spotlight at a fair sale price; they are still out there! It needed to be rewired, a new bulb was installed, lens gasket was replaced, and a missing spring and a missing spring washer were sourced. B) finding the correct right hand bracket–a hard to find part (I found a guy who has a few…).