The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (papas52, 2-Ton), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 65
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 65
Good afternoon fellow SOMD bolters. I'll start with the bad. After the meetup in the OR a few months back the 216 in the 1941 AL has developed a knock (that I haven't got around to diagnosing or fixing) John did bring me the shim stock as I have planned on dropping the pan and checking the main bearings and rods.

The even worse news, those of you who met my father that day know that he's battling cancer. Well yesterday all treatment has ended and hospice has been called in. He wants to drive the truck again but I'm worried about the knock. I'm off tomorrow 3/29 and Saturday 3/30 if anyone local wants to help try and figure this out.

The good, minus the knock it starts right up and runs great. I also have a new vacuum advance for the distributor.


1941 Chevrolet AL 3/4 Ton previous Portsmouth Ohio Fire Dept
1959 Chevrolet 3100
1966 Chevrolet C10 "Sunoco Truck"
1986 Chevrolet C20 Crew Cab 454 lowered 6"
1991 Chevrolet R1500 Suburban LS 6.0/4l80e swap lowered on Qa1 coilers
1994 Chevrolet c1500 lowered 2/4 on 17x11 Billets
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 full custom on air bags.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
I'm off tomorrow and Saturday. Not sure I can help you with the knock, but I can bring Charlie over as a wingman. Doubt the issue will have a catastrophic ending immediately if Dad wants to drive the truck around Leonardtown. But if he'd like, Ole Charlie stands ready -- you guys can take Charlie and go for as long a ride as you like. Take him all weekend.

Feel free to give me a ringy dingy on the blower...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
BTW -- Been by your shop several times this week in the work truck (the 18-wheeler). Looked for the shop door to be open for an excuse to pull in and visit. Oh well...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 176
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 176
If I can help, I can at least turn some wrenches either this weekend or later.
John, I hereby salute you!!!
S2


Stewart2
1955.1 3100
Both Owner and P/U have lots of miles, lots of history and need LOTS of TLC
Jack of several trades and experiences; Master of none
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Thanks Stewart! A knock in the lower end isn't anything we're going to address this weekend, though. We can, however, get dad taken care of wink


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0