I just received my new 6V voltage regulator in the mail. I haven't put it on the truck yet because we're having high winds here in New Mexico, and the yard is my garage.
I have a question, though. There are two glass fuses underneath where the voltage regulator mounts. One is broken. Ok. I have two questions. First, what are these for? Next, any idea of their sizes?
Mike, See the pic below snapped form a 1951 Chevy Truck Operators Manual which should be the same as your GMC. That is your "fuse box". Fuses are for your "Stop Lamp" and "Tail Lamp" circuits. They are 20 amp SFE glass cartridge fuses for both circuits.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
~~ Jethro 1954 3100 Back to Life In the Dity Gallery 1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020