For the past couple of days, I have been "playing" in the engine shed at the Tuckahoe Gas and Steam show. I am the "oiler" on the BIG (160 hp at 225 rpm's) hit or miss stationary gas and diesel engines. These engines use a total loss oiling saystem thru drip oilers. The only oil they use is Rotella 15w-40 as they have found it is the best oil to use in keeping carbon build up down, apparently it is the additive package of the oil. These engines are used occasionally. The oil has a CF/SJ rating.
I have been using Rotella 30w in my truck.
Just my 2 cents smile smile


1942 G5106 1.5-ton Chevy cargo dump Gallery page




Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
T/Sgt. Gott (28 years of service with the USPP)
1940 Chevy G506 4112 cargo dump
1942 Diamond T G509 969A 4 ton wrecker
1942 Ward LaFrance G116 series 2 10 ton wrecker
1944 Ward LaFrance G116 series 5 10 ton wrecker
1931 Ford AA with a WEAVER crane
1944 Sterling HC 165 tractor
1944 Autocar U7144T w/ 10 ton trailer