The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, Uncles51), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,462
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153649 07/02/2007 5:56 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 162
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 162
Anyone know where I can buy wheel cylenders for my 1956 4400?


Chris


1956 Chevrolet 4400
1959 Chevrolet Viking 60
1968 Chevrolet el Camino
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Do a search, I feel like we have covered this several times in the past few weeks.

The short answer is start with your local auto parts stores, like NAPA.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Napa part number is 18196 & 18197.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Chris,

This week I purchased all brake cylinders for a 1955 GMC 350 COE from Rock.auto.com.

They are the best: their prices were 30%-50% less than NAPA (my FLAPS were no help). They sell Raybestos brake parts (drop-shipped from Raybestos) and the cost of shipping/handling for 6 wheel cylinders, three flexible brake lines, and a master cylinder was about $11.00.

They do not list old vehicles but they allow a search on a NAPA (and sometimes a GM) part number. I think the part numbers posted above are the same as the cylinders used on my COE. The Raybestos part numbers are given below.

Tim

Raybestos Part Numbers:
wc18196
wc18197

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Online: Content
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy guys, I was going to post the answers to this yesterday, but Grigg beat me to it, with his suggestion to do a search. I'm no computer guy, or even a competent website navigator, but I thought what the heck I'll go up and hit search, so I typed in wheel cylinders, and low and behold multiple posts concerning wheel cylinders, a search of a couple of threads listed the information glamis4X4 was looking for. I usually just answer the questions, and I will continue to do so if a guy can't find the information he needs, but please guys try and see if the question has been asked and answered before, before just asking a question again, I will always try to help.

#153654 07/08/2007 11:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 162
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 162
I see your point, but sooner or later all of the questions will be asked, and we will have nothing to talk about! Thanks for the info guys.


Chris


1956 Chevrolet 4400
1959 Chevrolet Viking 60
1968 Chevrolet el Camino
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4
#153655 07/09/2007 11:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Try Truck Parts Supply in Orange ,CA
714 997 4832 or 800 225 9734

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 12
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 12
The Arvin Meritor catalogs have some nice pictures to help find parts.

I take the numbers I find in their catalog and then cross reference them to Napa parts.

This helps a lot for parts that my local Napa says are impossible to get.

Here are direct links to the catalog pages:

Wheel cylinders 1 1/4 and smaller
www.arvinmeritor.com/tech_library/documents/2_146-162.pdf

Wheel cylinders 1 1/4 and bigger
www.arvinmeritor.com/tech_library/documents/2_163-171.pdf

Master Cylinders
www.arvinmeritor.com/tech_library/documents/2_172-188.pdf


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0