The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (50Chevy3100, RdsLessTaken, DadsFirstPickup, tclederman, Cletus1950, Ponchogl, 1 invisible), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
I am assembling my engine and can’t seem to get my new fuel pump to fit. The new pump as a “ tang” ( see photo’s) that protrudes vertically up from the pump arm and interferes with the opening in the block. The last photo is of my old pump which doesn’t have this tang. I’m thinking of cutting this tang off as I don’t see what good it does but thought I’d ask if anyone else has had this problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your input.
Attachments


1946 1-1/2 ton
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,815
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,815
Are you installing it the right way up? The glass bowl goes on top.
Attachments
IMG_20220819_161915.jpg (53.34 KB, 86 downloads)
IMG_20220819_173454.jpg (74.56 KB, 82 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,815
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,815
Also, where did you buy a new glass bowl pump? Or is it a rebuilt pump? Don't get rid of your old one, either. They're better than the new ones.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,802
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,802
The camshaft lobe that operates the pump arm is above the hole in the block, so the lever arm has to point upwards.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
Well that’s kinda embarrassing 🤪. Thanks for the answer. I’ll get it installed tomorrow.
Otto, I purchased it from Jim Carter. The old one needs to be rebuilt which I’ll do as a backup.👍


1946 1-1/2 ton

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0