The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (ranchojuan, Hotrod Lincoln), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,312
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1534537 01/28/2024 4:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Hello, I’m working on 50 chevy3100. I’m changing to bendix brakes on front and need info on the stems that come out of the wheel cylinders. Trying to find them locally but don’t have any to compare size or shape.Does anyone know a part number or how to find them? Also will my rubber brake hoses from huck brakes work on bendix?

Thanks, Rick

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Do you have a picture or a diagram showing which part you need? I am not sure what a "stem" is in this context.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,943
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,943
Rick, Correct me if I’m wrong, but are asking about the “bleeder valve”???


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
I think he is referring to the part that pushes from the wheel cylinder to the brake shoe that are separate on bendix brakes but part of a huck brake cylinder.
Attachments
IMG_4851.jpeg (93.39 KB, 82 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
The brake hoses as far as rock auto (you can double check ) show the same hose part numbers for a 1949 as well as a 1952 .If no one has a part number for the push pins for the bendix brakes I can dig out a few I have and throw a few pictures on here .

Last edited by KEVINSKI; 01/29/2024 12:58 AM.

1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Kevinski that is the part I am talking about, I heard them called stems,push pins, and links. The rubber line does screw into the wheel cylinder,so I’m going to try it. Thanks

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
Okay .i will take a look in the garage to get you a size picture ,also I think the drums are different between huck and bendix


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,320
Here ya go I don’t know if they are from the front or rear but I had a few and I think they are all the same between front and rear. The slot is the thickness of the metal part of the shoe.
Attachments
IMG_4857.jpeg (351.74 KB, 72 downloads)
IMG_4856.jpeg (366.23 KB, 68 downloads)
IMG_4855.jpeg (306.06 KB, 68 downloads)

Last edited by KEVINSKI; 01/29/2024 1:51 AM. Reason: More imfo

1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
IIRC, the ones I used on my '51 3100 with Bendix brakes look just like the ones that Kevinski posted.
It looks like NAPA has them, but they say they don't fit. I think that's incorrect.
Attachments
Wheel cylinder to shoe link.jpg (57.05 KB, 58 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Thanks guys, I believe those are the ones I bought from Napa


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0