The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (fonz8261, Oswald), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,337
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
I purchased a 1952 GMC Intake/Exhaust manifold on eBay. It was advertised as a 1952 GMC 228 intake and exhaust system. While the exhaust shares the same p/n as my removed unit, the intake manifold is both physically different and has a different p/n.

I have a 1949 GMC 228 engine with intake manifold p/n 6107877.
The intake that came with the exhaust manifold is p/n 2194002.

Does anyone know if these are interchangeable? See attached photos.

Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_6209.jpeg (294.82 KB, 124 downloads)
IMG_6208.jpeg (288.82 KB, 124 downloads)

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
There are large and small intake ports avail@ble, 4 different heads available.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
Your 6107877 intake is probably really a 6107377 which was used on 1947-49 FC 300 and 350 models. You don't say what model your truck is.

2194002 intakes were used on GMC 228 engines in 1951 and 52 (including mine).

What is your head casting number?


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 197
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 197
They used the same head P/N 2071456, stamp2136477. So, they are interchangeable.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg (115.21 KB, 103 downloads)

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Hi Ed, Bill, and jimgmc,
Appreciate the feedback. My truck is a 1949 GMC FC102. I confirmed its a 228 as I have that stamped just aft of the distributor. The head part number is stamped 2136477.

As I read the chart from jimgmc it appears to me the correct intake from the factory is the 6107377 for my FC102 truck, which was installed. The one I purchased from eBay is a 2194002 which is applicable to the 100-22, 150-22, etc., or non FC.

Am I reading that correctly? Thank you.

Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
I have the same 2194002 intake manifold on my 2136477 head. I believe they are both original to my '52 228 engine. I did a valve job (burned #5 exhaust valve) to this engine 11 years ago, shortly after I bought it. It had original pistons and a tiny ring ridge at the top of the cylinders.


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Any idea why the significant change in shape/size of the intake area between the 6107377 and the 2194002 manifolds? The exhaust manifolds are the same p/n. Did the FC trucks require something like the larger square intake for different vaporization perhaps? The only research I could find on the FC trucks was the wheel base of 125.5ā€ and some other unknown WWII truck mods carried over into these earlier model years? Not real clear. I’d rather not use the 2194002 intake if it was not designed for this FC102 truck, even if it installs ok.

Thank you.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0