I am looking for some tips on rewiring a Guide S-16 spotlight switch. I do not want to bugger up the switch. There does not appear to be an easy way to get at this. I hope that someone who has actually done this can provide me with some insight. Thanks.
I satisfied my curiosity this afternoon.  It is an interesting switch design.  I placed the part in my bench vise and drilled out the rivet/crimp connector from the bottom side.  Can even reuse it!  Was concerned about buggering up the switch, but all is well with it.  Will solder new wire in and put back together tomorrow.Â
Mission accomplished. Soldered in NOS spotlight wire this morning. A reminder to make sure and insulate wire after the solder point as it comes out of the handle; you do not want to short-out at that spot. The small exposed spring covers it. Lamp shines brightly under 6V power. This will look really nice once it is installed and pressed back into service. Chrome is in excellent condition. Driver's side bracket.
Luke, Very nice work and finished product! Thanks for sharing your self-taught fix!
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)